[CentOS-devel] SIGs ... Was: Re: Using meetbot commands in your SIG meetings

Phil Wyett philwyett at kathenas.org
Thu Aug 2 17:04:25 UTC 2018

On Thu, 2018-08-02 at 12:33 -0400, Rich Bowen wrote:
> A reminder, as we head into August: If you will use the meetbot commands
> in your IRC SIG meetings (especially #info, #agreed, and #help - full
> command documentation is here - https://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot ) this
> will greatly simplify going back and extracting monthly summaries from
> your meeting minutes (published here -
> https://www.centos.org/minutes/2018/July/ ) and turning them into blog
> posts, tweets, and the monthly newsletter.
>
> Remember that your SIG meeting is not *just* for you, but is also one of
> the ways that you "report" back to the larger community what you've been
> working on.
>
> Related, if there's any way in which I can help you promote what you're
> doing on your SIGs, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Hi Richard,

To have good meeting minutes, first we need SIGs that have up to date wiki
pages, have plans, discuss plans, have a timeline of work/goals, announce things
and being that most SIGs allegedly use the -devel mailing list - I can see
emails on that list going back a week without scrolling down.

One example is, on IRC today, CentOS xen will move to 4.8 by default next week.
Where is this for the wider community. No... it was just tossed out and seen by
a few on IRC.

The core SIG is AWOL inside RedHat and SIGs treat the so called community like
mushrooms. All these things need to be fixed before a valuable newsletter will
ever be.

Regards

Phil

- --
*** If this is a mailing list, I am subscribed, no need to CC me.***

Playing the game for the games sake.

IRC: kathenas

Web: https://kathenas.org

Github: https://github.com/kathenas

GitLab: https://gitlab.com/kathenas

Twitter: kathenasorg

GPG: A0C3 4C6A AC2B B8F4 F1E5 EDF4 333F 60DC B0B9 BB77