[CentOS-devel] Documentation help requested (Re: Upgrading from 6 to 7)

Rich Bowen

rbowen at redhat.com
Mon Aug 6 15:39:31 UTC 2018

Hi, folks,

I was hoping that someone with more knowledge than I about the 6 -> 7
upgrade process would have a look at
https://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/CentOSUpgradeTool

The page starts with a vague warning, and then continues to give
detailed instructions, leaving it very unclear which parts the warning
refers to.

If the process is broken, let's remove all of this and point to the
correct process. If only a part of the process is broken, we need to
remove that from the doc, and drop the scary warning.

As it is, the page *appears* to be a "don't do it this way" kind of
page, and, as you know, 90% of people will simply skip past the warning
and cut-paste the instructions.

Thanks for any advice and/or edits that can happen here.

--Rich

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
@CentOSProject // @rbowen
859 351 9166