[CentOS-devel] CentOS AMIs for AWS

Jason Brooks jbrooks at redhat.com
Thu Aug 23 19:24:16 UTC 2018

On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 8:00 AM Rich Bowen <rbowen at redhat.com> wrote:

> While at DevConf.us this past weekend, I was asked by a couple of
> people, who is responsible for producing the AMIs for AWS, and how we
> can go about getting updated ones there. Can someone help out with this?

Rich, for CentOS Atomic, I've always worked w/ KB on producing images
and uploading them. I don't know if others are involved for other
CentOS releases.

I'd like to see our processes around this improve -- I think we have
issues surrounding cost and the number of images we have stored at
Amazon that might be playing a role.

Maybe we could use some of the same automation that Fedora uses for their AMIs.

Jason