[CentOS-devel] Problems with qemu-img when generating Vagrant images

Laurentiu Pancescu

lpancescu at centosproject.org
Fri Aug 31 20:34:08 UTC 2018

After generating new images including open-vm-tools, Michael Vermaes
gracefully helped us by testing them with VMware Fusion.  The VMware
images don't boot, complaining about XFS corruption:

> XFS (dm-0): Mounting V5 Filesystem
> XFS (dm-0): totally zeroed log
> XFS (dm-0): Corruption warning: Metadata has LSN (3:6277) ahead of current
> LSN (1:0). Please unmount and run xfs_repair (>= v4.3) to resolve.

The VirtualBox image boots without issues, but with XFS corruption
affecting both the VMware and the libvirt images, I'm not so sure
anymore that qemu-img is the reason.