[CentOS-devel] SRPMS for AltArch (more specifically aarch64 kernel)

Johnny Hughes

johnny at centos.org
Tue Aug 21 14:48:41 UTC 2018

On 08/19/2018 08:40 PM, Dominique Martinet wrote:
> Dominique Martinet wrote on Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 11:21:28AM +0200:
>>  - http://vault.centos.org/altarch/7.5.1804/updates/Source/aarch64/Source/SPackages/
>> looks empty to me.
>>

>> Did the aarch64 kernel srpms get moved somewhere else since last year?
>
> After a bit more looking I found some older kernel-alt package in the
> common source tree:
> http://vault.centos.org/centos/7/updates/Source/SPackages/kernel-alt-4.14.0-49.2.2.el7a.src.rpm
> But the current release is 4.14.0-49.8.1.el7a so it looks like updates
> don't all get through for some reason.
>
> I'll work with this one for now and there's no rush, but it'd be good to
> understand eventually - I think moving to common source repo is a good
> initiative, though.
>
> Cheers,

I am now building everything at the same time (all 9 arches .. ppc,
ppc64, ppc64le, power9, i386, x86_64, aarch64, armhfp, and noarch) ..
almost everything is just a rebuild of the x86_64 SRPMS.  There are a
couple things that are unique for an individual arch.  I was putting
that in the main updates dir as well, people complained.

I don't have an automated script to copy the sources of altarch that are
different to the CentOS mirrors as that is a very small subset.  I need
to rewrite some automated code to make that happen in my push scripts.

However, you can still get the soruces from two places .. either from
git or from SRPM, which ever you prefer:

1) git (what I create the SRPM from):
https://git.centos.org/summary/rpms!kernel-alt

2)SRPM (including the build logs, etc.):
https://buildlogs.centos.org/c7.1804.u.aarch64/kernel-alt/

the latest one is:
https://buildlogs.centos.org/c7.1804.u.aarch64/kernel-alt/20180820184007/4.14.0-49.10.1.el7a.aarch64/

At some point I will rewrite the push script to automate getting the
SRPMs in the altarch tree as well.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes