[CentOS-devel] new repo for "centos-release-ceph-nautilus"

Ken Dreyer kdreyer at redhat.com
Tue Dec 4 21:18:07 UTC 2018

On Mon, Dec 3, 2018 at 9:17 AM Ken Dreyer <kdreyer at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 2, 2018 at 5:54 AM Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 10:02:48AM -0700, Ken Dreyer wrote:
> > > Hi Niels,
> > >
> > > I'm looking to create a new "centos-release-ceph-nautilus" package,
> > > like the "luminous" one we have today at
> > > https://github.com/CentOS-Storage-SIG/centos-release-ceph-luminous
> > >
> > > I'm wondering if it would be easier to keep all of these in a single
> > > "centos-release-ceph" repository, with per-release branches.
> > >
> > > Would you be up for creating a
> > > https://github.com/CentOS-Storage-SIG/centos-release-ceph repo?
> >
> > Sure, whatever the preference is for the people that package the bits!
> >
> > Ken, I have invited you to the CentOS-Storage-SIG organization on
> > GitHub (we'll move to Pagure based dist-git later). The Ceph team
> > includes you and as full admin permissions on
> > https://github.com/CentOS-Storage-SIG/centos-release-ceph now.
>
> Fantastic, thank you Niels!

Following up here,
https://github.com/CentOS-Storage-SIG/centos-release-ceph has a
"master" branch that is unused, and the README points at the release
branches.

"nautilus" is the first release branch here, and I've built the SRPM
at http://cbs.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=24708

I've tagged the latest builds from luminous into nautilus as well.

I'm keeping track of my steps at
https://github.com/ktdreyer/storage-sig-utils/blob/master/new-major-release.rst
so it's repeatable for each new major Ceph release. Maybe we can move
that content into the CentOS wiki storage SIG space instead.

- Ken