[CentOS-devel] building nfs-ganesha for ceph

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Wed Dec 5 18:14:58 UTC 2018

On Wed, Dec 05, 2018 at 10:47:53AM -0700, Ken Dreyer wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 9:53 AM Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > Opinions?
>
> The biggest reason I want to exclude the package server side is that
> will allow repoclosure to pass for the repo. repoclosure provides me a
> sanity-check that the entire "product" is installable and I'm not
> missing any packages. With the way we're growing more and more
> packages, I want to make this as automated as possible. Ideally
> repoclosure would automatically gate a package going from -candidate
> to -testing.

Yes, I understand that. This is an item on my wishlist for the Gluster
repositories for a looong time already.

> One problem I see with configuring this exclusion client side is that
> I'm not sure I can rely on everyone using the exact same .repo file. I
> eventually want to ship packaged mock configs for Ceph, so we'd have
> to duplicate that there as well :(

Ah, yes. I have my mock-config files from the 'cbs' tool, but it is not
friendly for others to use. Packaging them would be really nice too.

> I'd like to know if the CentOS admins plan to stay on mash long-term,
> and if so, let's look into filtering at that level, like Pungi can do.
> What do you think?

This definitely would have my preference as well!

Thanks,
Niels