[CentOS-devel] [CentOS-docs] Authorization to use CentOS logo in GNOME Boxes

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Dec 5 21:44:12 UTC 2018

On 12/03/2018 01:48 AM, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 8:00 PM Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Tuomas -- would you also approve this stand alone logo being contributed
>> to the project for us to post on the wiki with "no wordmark" guides?
>
> Yeah, that would probably work nicely as an icon on situations like this.
>
> I would have added it to the wiki page, but looks like I cannot edit
> the page without extra rights. I created an account on the wiki with
> FirstnameLastname naming.

You should have permission now, if my memory + research skills on
MoinMoin ACLs is correct.  (I added you to the top of ArtWork and it
should cascade to all pages in that namespace with r/w/revert rights.)

That said, let's make sure (as I just asked Fabiano) that we have the
permission to put this work up under the wiki's license.

(AIUI, there is a possible copyright on the work done on the logo to
make the SVG, even though the contents of the SVG is a trademarked logo.
 I just want to make sure we're doing the right thing here AND we have
it in the commit log on the wiki.)

Best,

- Karsten
--