[CentOS-devel] CentOS 7.6.1810 release available for builds in CBS/Koji

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Mon Dec 3 17:22:15 UTC 2018

On 03/12/2018 17:04, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As announced
> (https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2018-December/023082.html)
> , CentOS 7.6.1810 is now available and realeased for the following
> arches : x86_64, aarch64, ppc64le, armhfp
> So that release is now the default one for the CBS/koji build tasks (and
> all koji regen-repos tasks are currently running)
>
> That means that for your next builds, you'll be building against
> 7.6.1810 (even if technically that was already the case with the
> 7.5.1804+updates+CR repositories)
>
> That should also mean the end of the "freeze" wrt pushing tagged pkgs
> for release to mirror.centos.org

Just to add that , due to upstream decision, some packages are now
removed from the base os, and so can't be found anymore
So please read the upstream Release Notes about which pkgs were
deprecated and removed as that can mean also changing the way you build
on CBS/koji.

One example that was clear : I saw one build failing now because :

DEBUG util.py:417:  Error: No Package found for golang >= 1.8

That's because golang was removed, so if your build needs it, you need
to tag-build one of the golang build that exists in CBS (fyi)

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab