[CentOS-devel] CentOS Storage SIG contribution.

Niels de Vos

ndevos at redhat.com
Wed Feb 14 09:48:16 UTC 2018

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 09:55:02PM -0300, Javier Romero wrote:

> > On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 07:32:40PM -0300, Javier Romero wrote:
> > > Have also been working with KVM virtual machines in the ISP Datacenter
> > > for the last eight years, and with Docker since 2015, so think that
> > > can also help with container and VM images if this can be useful.
> >
> > We do have a Gluster container in the CentOS Container Index [3], but
> > would like to have different versions. At the moment, we actively
> > maintain Gluster versions 3.10, 3.12, 3.13 and are preparing for 4.0.
> > Ideally we should have a container for each version.
> >
> > For which version of Gluster would you like me to start creating a
> container image first?

Have a look at
https://github.com/gluster/gluster-containers/tree/master/CentOS. This
is the container that is currently built for the CentOS Registry and
available at
https://registry.centos.org/repo/gluster/storagesig-gluster-centos.

This container seems incorrect as well, the centos-release-gluster
package will install the latest Long-Term-Maintenance version, currently
3.12, but the version mentioned in the container is 3.10. In addition to
that, the Vendor should either be CentOS or Gluster Community. There
might be more things that can be improved.

I suggest to have a go at making sure the current container is correct.
Once done, add a container for 3.10 (by installing
centos-release-gluster-310). Maybe place the Dockerfile in a different
directory, or just name it Dockerfile.3.10 or such. After that is
merged, it can be added to
https://github.com/CentOS/container-index/blob/master/index.d/gluster.yml

Both Humble and Jose have been looking at the container images before.
They are on CC of this email and can help with any PullRequest reviews
or further guidance.

Thanks!
Niels