[CentOS-devel] CentOS for IBM Mainframes.

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Tue Feb 20 16:21:25 UTC 2018

On 20/02/18 17:14, Javier Romero wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I see that IBM LinuxONE, provides a Z Mainframe running with Linux Red
> Hat, SUSE OR Ubuntu Server distros.
>
> Do you think that could also be useful for CentOS to be another option
> for LinuxONE?
>
> Maybe a a CentOS Mainframe SIG can be created to work on this.
>
> Thanks for your attention.
>
> Regards,
>
> Javier Romero

Hi Javier,

That would probably be for the AltArch-SIG , already building CentOS 7 for
 - IBM Power 8 (ppc64, ppc64le)
 - aarch64 (aka ARMv8 , 64bits)
 - armhfp (aka ARMv7 , 32bits)
 - i686

But the s390 question was raised already in the past, but finding :
- people willing to bootstrap the rebuild
- on dedicated hardware donated to the project (yeah, difficult part)
is a "challenge" :)

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab