[CentOS-devel] Sharing Software Collections over NFS?

Fri Feb 9 17:53:35 UTC 2018
Remi Collet <Fedora at FamilleCollet.com>

Le 09/02/2018 à 18:00, Leon Fauster a écrit :

> Honestly, all SCL packages that we (re)build locally, are build with "rpmbuild --define 'nfsmountable 0'" ... (because we do not have such scenario).

IMHO, this option is very badly named
(as it doesn't handle the needed "register" stuff)

It should be "fhs_compliance"

With 'nfsmountable 0' every is in /opt
	/opt/<vendor>/<scl>/root
	/opt/<vendor>/<scl>/root

With 'nfsmountable 1', you got a better tree

	/opt/<vendor>/<scl>/root (read only)
	/etc/<vendor>/<scl>/ (configuration)
	/var/<vendor>/<scl>/ (data)

Remi

P.S. with scl-utils v2 you have a "rh_layout" option which gives the
same tree, while nfsmountable gives something a bit different :(