[CentOS-devel] CentOS Storage SIG contribution.

Mon Feb 12 10:25:43 UTC 2018
Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com>

On Sun, Feb 11, 2018 at 11:23:33PM -0300, Javier Romero wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My name is Javier, live in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and work in the Network
> Operations Center of an Internet Service Provider as a Linux Sysadmin. I've
> been working with Linux CentOS Servers for the last 10 years and would like
> to contribute on the CentOS Storage SIG if there is something where I can
> be useful.

Hi Javier!

Thanks for the interest in the Storage SIG and the offer to help. There
are different projects in the Storage SIG and a variety of tasks that
can use some extra hands. Could you explain a little more about your
interests? We should be able to find you something where you can enjoy
contributing.

Gluster and Ceph are currently settled in the SIG, but can benefit from
more (automated) testing, assisting with package maintenance and
updated docs in the CentOS wiki. Further improvement for the user
experience can be made as well, by providing container and VM images.

Possibly LizardFS signs up to get added to the Storage SIG soon too. In
that case it will be the 3rd project where you could contribute to.

Cheers,
Niels