[CentOS-devel] php71 build targets

Wed Feb 21 16:32:48 UTC 2018
Remi Collet <Fedora at FamilleCollet.com>

Le 21/02/2018 à 17:06, Charles A. Plater a écrit :
> I’m trying to figure out how build targets are requested / added to the Software Collections, specifically php71 and php71-fpm.
>
> Currently, the php71 RPMs are available for RHEL7 and CentOS7. What is the process to request these RPMs to be added to the CentOS6 (and potentially RHEL6) Software Collection?

As explained on https://access.redhat.com/support/policy/updates/rhscl/

New SCL are only available for EL-7,
because EL-6 have reached End Maintenance Support 1
(no more Software Enhancements):
https://access.redhat.com/support/policy/updates/errata/

So, upstream (aka Red Hat) choice.

Remi

P.S. and maintaining recent PHP versions on a such old distro start to
be a very interesting challenge...