[CentOS-devel] Two New Committee Members Needed for CentOS PAAS SIG

Tue Feb 27 15:09:57 UTC 2018
Troy Dawson <tdawson at redhat.com>

A few good questions have come up.
What are the responsibilities I would take on if I joined the committee?
Can I work on a sub-set of those responsibilities?

Ari was in charge of keeping the jenkins cli working for our Paas.
He made sure the automatic builds continued building on their appointed time.
He made sure that it was easy to do manual builds.
When OpenShift Origin code changed and broke the automation he would
jump in to fix the automation.
When OpenShift Origin code changed and broke the builds he would jump
in to fix the automation.

Troy was in charge of orchestrating everything and making sure things happened.
He held the weekly Paas Sig meeting.
He did the documentation.
He maintained the package repo's, and koji build targets.
He was the automation backup, so he helped Ari figure out the broken bits.
He was the central source of information.  So if people had questions,
or wanted to pass information on, it tended to go through him.  This
could certainly change.
He was the backup for pretty much everyone.  So as people came and
went from the Paas Sig, he would drop and/or gain new roles.

These roles could certainly be broken up, so that others could take
certain parts.  We could certainly have more than two people take over
these roles.