[CentOS-devel] Contribution to CentOS.

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Fri Jan 12 12:18:26 UTC 2018

On 01/11/2018 11:57 AM, Javier Romero wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My name is Javier, live in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and work in the
> Network Operations Center of an Internet Service Provider as a Linux
> Sysadmin.
>
> I would like to contribute on the CentOS project as a tester or help
> tracking bugs.
>
> Thank you very much for your kind attention and sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi,

We have several special interest groups that can use testers for their
released software .. the CentOS-Devel mailing list is where most of them
talk .. except that there is a CentOS-Virt mailing list for the Virt SIG.

If you are interested in specific things, (like SCLs or Xen or Storage
or Cloud images, etc, then read through the archives and meeting minutes
on the CentOS-Devel list and then show up at the next meeting or contact
the SIG chair on the CentOS-Devel list to see what they might need.

On the Virt SIG, we need feedback on the 4.9.75 el6 and el7 xen kernels
(as an exqmple).

You can also get a bugs.centos.org  account and go through open bugs,
verify they exist .. verify if they also exist on RHEL .. open upstream
bugs on bugzilla.redhat.com if they are RHEL issues or post that they
are CentOS only on bugs.centos.org, etc.

Or forums.centos.org account and login there and help people when they post.

We can always use help from experienced admins/users in all of those places.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes