[CentOS-devel] New Apache Cassandra SCL (sclo-cassandra3) in centos-sclo-sclo-testing

Augusto Caringi

acaringi at redhat.com
Mon Jan 15 15:16:15 UTC 2018

Hi folks,

    I've been working on Cassandra SCL (called sclo-cassandra3, Cassandra
version 3.11.0) recently, continuing the work started by Tomas Repik, and
now I inform you that it is available for testing in CentOS
(centos-sclo-sclo-testing repository).

    Cassandra is a partitioned row store. Rows are organized into tables
with a required primary key. Partitioning means that Cassandra can
distribute your data across multiple machines in an application-transparent
matter. Cassandra will automatically re-partition as machines are
added/removed from the cluster. Row store means that like relational
databases, Cassandra organizes data by rows and columns. The Cassandra
Query Language (CQL) is a close relative of SQL.

    To install:

    sudo yum install centos-release-scl
    sudo yum --enablerepo=centos-sclo-sclo-testing install sclo-cassandra3
sclo-cassandra3-cassandra

    To start the service:

    sudo systemctl start sclo-cassandra3-cassandra

    To run the cqlsh client tool:

    scl enable sclo-cassandra3 rh-java-common rh-maven33 cqlsh

    Links to sclo-cassandra3 buildlogs [1], git repository of the SCLized
package [2], metapackage [3] and softwarecollections.org page [4] can be
found down bellow.

    Best regards,

    [1]
https://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/sclo/x86_64/sclo/sclo-cassandra3/