[CentOS-devel] CentOS 6 patches for Spectre and Meltdown

Thu Jan 4 17:59:00 UTC 2018
Paul Graydon <paul.graydon at oracle.com>

Hi,

I see from centos-announce that the patches for CentOS 7 have rolled
out, do we have a rough ETA on the CentOS 6 patches?  From the looks of
the security vulnerability mailing lists it looks like RedHat released
the patches for 6 around the same time.

I'll confess I'm a little rusty on the nomenclature RedHat uses, and the
security advisory for 6 specifically references "Red Hat Enterprise
Linux 6.6 Advanced Update Support and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.6 Telco
Extended Update Support."  I'm not entirely clear what "Advanced Update
Support" means about the availability of patches.  Does that have any
impact on the patches rolling out to CentOS?

Paul