[CentOS-devel] Exploring the idea of CentOS/RHEL branches in dist-git [was Re: Python3 will be in next major RHEL release, please adjust %if statements accordingly]

Fri Jan 19 12:38:05 UTC 2018
James Hogarth <james.hogarth at gmail.com>

On 17 January 2018 at 17:13, Matthew Miller <mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 08:18:42AM -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
>> - Better Git frontend for CentOS
>> - Possibility to submit PRs against RHEL branches
>> - Easy to see changes from RHEL and Fedora (and CentOS).
>> What are some others?
>
> I'd like to see these branches as candidates for inclusion in modules
> built on Fedora bases. That way, we'd have a maintained source of
> slower-moving dependencies.

I'm looping in the CentOS development list as this is all just pipe
dreams and fairy whispers if no one gives them a heads up for feedback
;)