[CentOS-devel] SIGs: Possibility to drop EOL content at 6.10 release time

Anssi Johansson avij at centosproject.org
Mon Jul 2 14:42:06 UTC 2018

Anssi Johansson kirjoitti 19.6.2018 klo 13.48:
> RHEL 6.10 was released today and building CentOS 6.10 has just started.
> This would be an excellent time to remove any EOL software you may have
> floating around on mirror.centos.org.
>
> SIGs should explicitly state which content they want copied over from
> 6.9 to 6.10.
[snip]

Thanks for the lists. Outside this mailing list thread, I have received
information that cloud/x86_64/openstack-juno and virt/x86_64/xen-44 can
be archived and not copied over to 6.10. The respective centos-release-*
packages will also be removed from extras. I think we've now gathered
enough information about SIG content for this release cycle.

Note that a similar process is likely to happen for the next point
releases as well. So when RHEL 7.6 gets released, SIGs should have a
look at the packages they ship and inform us which packages are still
supported and which ones should be dropped. Doing this within around a
week of RHEL's point release would give us sufficient time to arrange
for the SIG bits to be included in the respective CentOS 7.6.19xx point
release.

Thanks!