[CentOS-devel] [RFC] New SIG Messaging

Mon Jul 2 12:36:29 UTC 2018
Matthias Runge <mrunge at matthias-runge.de>

Creation of a new SIG "Messaging"
=================================

Hereby, I'm asking for comments about founding a new SIG to handle
messaging stacks in CentOS. We currently have in CentOS RabbitMQ
handling AMQP 0.9, and QPID, which provides messaging using
AMQP 1.0. There are also packages supporting Kafka, but not
Kafka itself.

Collaborating SIGs would be the Cloud and the Opstools SIGs.
Both would be consuming built packages produced by the Messaging SIG.

We also briefly took into consideration to incorporate the newly
proposed SIG into one of the others. At the end, messaging is
different than Cloud or Operational tools. It doesn't really fit.
The best solution seemed to us to have another SIG.

If there are any questions or comments, please don't hesitate
to reply to the list, and let's find the best proposal here.

Matthias
--
Matthias Runge <mrunge at matthias-runge.de>