[CentOS-devel] Status of Ansible within CentOS 7 and SIGs

Ken Dreyer kdreyer at redhat.com
Fri Jun 8 02:54:14 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 5:24 AM, Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel at gmail.com> wrote:
> For anyone not paying close attention: The "latest upstream" from RHEL in
> the "extras" channel is a 2.4 release, the "latest upstream" from EPEL is
> 2.5. This is going to continue to cause update confusion depending on which
> non-default channel is activated. If you want the "latest upstream" from
> ansible source for ovirt, you need the EPEL version, not the RHEL extras
> version.

The RHEL 7 Extras version of the ansible package is dead and will not
receive updates.

ftp://ftp.redhat.com/redhat/linux/enterprise/7Server/en/Ansible/SRPMS/
has the "Ansible Engine" channel's RPMs ( not "RHEL Extras" ).
Compared to what happened with RHEL 7 Extras in the past, I anticipate
that the SRPM versions there will be rev'd more quickly.

- Ken