[CentOS-devel] %{?dist} changed from .el7.centos to .el7

John Steele Scott

toojays at toojays.net
Mon Jun 18 23:36:22 UTC 2018

[I tried sending this last week, but it never showed up in the list archive, I guess because I wasn't subscribed. Resending.]

I recently found that the "centos" suffix dropped off the default rpm ${?dist} macro sometime between CentOS 7.3 and 7.5.

I applaud the change, but could someone point me to any bug reference, git commit or mailing list discussion about it? A project I maintain needs some change to accommodate this, and I'd like to refer to the original discussion in my own commit message.

All I could find about this in the CentOS bug tracker was https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=7416 (resolved wontfix). And https://git.centos.org/log/rpms!centos-release.git/c7 only has up to CentOS 7.3. So where should I be looking?

Thanks,

John