[CentOS-devel] Removing old centos-release-<sig-project><version> from CentOS Extras?

Thu Jun 14 20:40:04 UTC 2018
Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com>

Hi,

How are other SIGs handling the removal of repositories from the
mirrors? There are centos-release-<sig-project> packages around that
have YUM .repo files pointing to the now non-existing repos. Some (all?)
of these centos-release-<sig-project> packages are still available in
CentOS Extras.

From #gluster:
21:25 < mallorn1> Anyone know why the 3.13 repository is gone from CentOS?  http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/storage/x86_64/
21:25 <@glusterbot> Title: Index of /centos/7/storage/x86_64CentOS Mirror (at mirror.centos.org)
21:26 < mallorn1> Installed the centos-release-gluster313.noarch package that CentOS has, but then you can't install gluster because the target doesn't exist.

At the moment I am tempted to create a centos-release-gluster-DONTUSE
package that replaces centos-release-gluster313 and other unmaintained
versions (suggestions for an alternative to DONTUSE welcome!).

I do not want to force users to upgrade to a newer Gluster version
without manual intervention. Some versions are/may not be compatible
between client/server, or require some additional steps depending on the
features that are used.

Thanks,
Niels