[CentOS-devel] Joining CentOS Storage SIG

Thu Jun 28 17:38:10 UTC 2018
Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com>

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 10:56:01PM +0530, Saravanakumar Arumugam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to be part of CentOS Storage SIG.
> I am from GlusterFS background, but I can contribute to package other
> solutions too.

That is really great! There is a need for someone to maintain
(baasically check for updates and rebuild the upstream src.rpm) for Ceph
packages, make sure there are some tests done and promote them to the
mirrors. The current builds are often done by alphacc or some of the RDO
contributors. They all mentioned they would be more than happy to have
someone taking care of it.

> It will be great if we can add documentation about running CentOS based
> storage containers (like gluster / ceph containers).
> I can contribute here as well.

If you create a wiki login and pass your username, I can give you
permissions to edit/add contents below
https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Storage/Gluster/ . The
container images that are recommended should probably come from
https://registry.centos.org/ . We only have one GlusterFS and a Heketi
container there at the moment.

Thanks,
Niels