[CentOS-devel] Status of Ansible within CentOS 7 and SIGs

Mon Jun 4 06:50:15 UTC 2018
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 04/06/18 00:42, Alan Pevec wrote:
> Hey Thomas,
>
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 8:32 AM, Thomas Oulevey <thomas.oulevey at cern.ch> wrote:
>> My proposal would to initiate a rebuild of the new Ansible
>> channel[2](within the Config Management SIG) and follow a better release
>> cycle.
>
> I would rebuild SRPMs published by upstream
> http://releases.ansible.com/ansible/rpm/release/epel-7-x86_64/
> that's was the source for Ansible builds in RDO/Cloud SIG and it
> mirrors what Storage SIG is doing with Ceph (rebuilding upstream SRPMs
> from http://download.ceph.com/ )
>
> I've applied for sig-configmanagement to get this going.
>
> Cheers,
> Alan

Hi Alan,

I discussed last week with Brian about this, as we (CentOS Project) are
now migrating from Puppet to Ansible so we'd need to stick to maybe
Ansible Engine version.
That means that either Brian or me would like to also rebuild (that's
the easy part) ansible through CBS, but sticking to the ansible engine
version, so rebuilding the src.rpm available here :
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/redhat/linux/enterprise/7Server/en/Ansible/SRPMS/

Our plan was to get in touch with Julien Pivotto (SIG chair) to discuss
this and have a kind of approval, then starting rebuilding those pkgs
and rebuild as soon as an updated version appears. That means that it
would differ from your proposal though, as you'd be rebuilding the "real
upstream" one, while we'd prefer sticking with the engine variant (that
is the one tested for Tower and probably other RH installers sticking to
that version)

Would that make sense ?

--
Fabian Arrotin