[CentOS-devel] Bot account for opstools-sig

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Fri Mar 2 09:00:35 UTC 2018

On 23/02/18 12:42, Matthias Runge wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 02:45:11PM +0100, Matthias Runge wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> as follow-up on the CentOS dojo in Geneva, I'm hereby requesting
>> a bot account for the Opstools SIG.
>>
> Iterating on this, I just created an account named opstools; I'll make
> sure, generated certificates will be stored on the corresponding setup.
>
> What is the next step to get long living certificates for that account?
>
> Matthias

Hi Matthias,

IIRC it was discussed during a cbs meeting and the goal was to *not*
deviate from the actual process, even for bot accounts, so generated
certs will still be valid for 6 months. It's also the reason why it has
to be (re)generated with the centos-cert tool, and also that the email
address for the bot account is a real one that someone is tracking, as
we also send reminders when certificate is approaching expiry date

Cheers,
--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab