[CentOS-devel] Building a package for RedHat

dacav dacav at teknik.io
Mon Mar 5 12:13:11 UTC 2018

On 2018-03-05, Mikolaj Izdebski
<mizdebsk at redhat.com> wrote:
>   config_opts['macros']['%dist'] = '.el7'

Thanks, Mikolaj and Leon, for your answers.

So this makes me wonder: what is the likelyhood of getting some
error on RedHat without being able to detect it under CentOS?

Let's say that my system builds in CentOS with modified %dist
and then straight ahead for testing on a RedHat machine.
Is there any chance of a building error which would happen under
RedHat (but not under CentOS), which would introduce some subtle
bug under RedHat?