[CentOS-devel] debuginfo.centos.org status

Thomas Oulevey

thomas.oulevey at cern.ch
Mon Mar 12 09:43:08 UTC 2018

Hello folks,

I have few remarks about http://debuginfo.centos.org as an user.

Lately our debug tools are depending on few debuginfo packages so we
depend on them in our production environment.

The debuginfo server is structured as following :
.
├── 7
│   ├── i386
│   │   └── repodata
│   └── x86_64
│       └── repodata
└── centos
     ├── 6
     │   └── sclo
     └── 7
         ├── cloud
         ├── sclo
         ├── storage
         └── virt

1/ It seems that the experimental kernel debuginfo are copied in the
same directory as the os/updates/extras which confuse a bit users
(/7/x86_64/)

e.g :
http://debuginfo.centos.org/7/x86_64/kernel-debuginfo-4.9.75-204.el7.centos.x86_64.rpm

Is there an official way to enable a repo to use these experimental
kernel
(http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7/experimental/x86_64/Packages/) ? In
my opinion the debuginfo packages should be in a separate repo too.
Could we move them to a better place ? under /altarch as the main
packages on mirror ?

2/ Do we want to reorganize the debuginfo server ?

I would favor a tree where we can have debuginfo separated per repos as
we do for sigs :

.
├── 7
│   ├── i386