[CentOS-devel] Can we expect the Fix for “OpenSSL error hex string is too long invalid hex key value” in next OpenSSL release.

Veetil, Vyshnav

Vyshnav.Veetil at harman.com
Wed Mar 28 06:48:03 UTC 2018

In CentOS7.4 ,we are getting this error “OpenSSL error hex string is too long invalid hex key value” . OpenSSL version we are using is openssl-1.0.2k-8.el7. We have solved this issue by applying a patch in openssl package suggested by openssl community (https://mta.openssl.org/pipermail/openssl-dev/2016-May/007266.html). Can we expect a Fix for this problem in next release of OpenSSL.