[CentOS-devel] Can we expect the Fix for “OpenSSL error hex string is too long invalid hex key value” in next OpenSSL release.

Anssi Johansson

avij at centosproject.org
Wed Mar 28 09:53:27 UTC 2018

Veetil, Vyshnav kirjoitti 28.3.2018 klo 9.48:
> In CentOS7.4 ,we are getting this error “OpenSSL error hex string is too
> long invalid hex key value” . OpenSSL version we are using is
> openssl-1.0.2k-8.el7. We have solved this issue by applying a patch in
> openssl package suggested by openssl community
> (https://mta.openssl.org/pipermail/openssl-dev/2016-May/007266.html).
> Can we expect a Fix for this problem in next release of OpenSSL.

If I'm reading that message right, the "hex string is too long" error
message is the correct error message, so I don't see a need for changing
anything. 617364696f69636a61736f3932336b3b is 32 chars and
617364696f69636a61736f3932336b3b0a is 34 chars, and only the latter one
gives that error message.

Perhaps you should consider feeding openssl keys of correct length only.