[CentOS-devel] CentOS DevCloud environment down

Fabian Arrotin arrfab at centos.org
Sat May 5 15:46:10 UTC 2018

On 05/05/18 08:24, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> We have a major service disruption with our DevCloud RDO environment
> (https://wiki.centos.org/DevCloud) right now so it's currently unusable.
>
> The underlying storage node (over infiniband) used by the openstack
> compute nodes  is actually powered off, and in unusable state. At first
> sight, after a small discussion with DC people, it seems that it needs
> vendor support, so unfortunately that will take time (probably some
> days) to get resolved.
>
> We'll notify this list (for people using it for testing purposes) and
> also we'll reflect that status on https://status.centos.org when service
> will be fully restored
>
> Thanks for your comprehending.

Update : thanks to the DC people we were able to find a temporary
solution to fix that node status, so it's now back online. We'll have
though to still contact HW vendor for proper support, but that one will
be done during a maintenance window.

I haven't restarted/rebooted all the instances that were affected by
that outage, so if you can't reach any provisioned instance in DevCloud,
just reach out in #centos-devel (or direct mails to me) and we'll work
it out.

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab