[CentOS-devel] [Artwork] Is the Artwork SIG alive?

Thu May 3 03:16:17 UTC 2018
Alain Reguera Delgado <alain.reguera at gmail.com>

Hello Rich,

On Mon, 2018-03-12 at 12:09 -0400, Rich Bowen wrote:
> I've been working through the various SIGs, trying to determine
> which ones are active. I'm curious about the state of the Artwork
> SIG.
>
> https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Artwork

It has been a long time inactive as far I as am concerned.

> Is this still an ongoing effort, or is it "done"?

Done? That's a good question. The CentOS Project still demands a new
artistic motif for each major release it produces and re-branding is
another essential part of the journey.

However, consider for a moment what happened with CentOS 7 artwork
design process. It was not discussed in the public media (e.g., wiki,
mailing list) and appeared all of a sudden in the distribution final
release. None of the Artwork SIG members listed in the wiki at that
time designed it, nor mentioned attribution to the work under the
Artwork SIG wiki space. Surely I don't have enough information on this
but the root of that decision/process may help you find the answer you
are looking for.

The CentOS Board intervention may be helpful here, in order to clarify
the process expected, set it on the Artwork SIG wiki space and move on
with whatever it is. But at least know what it is, if possible.

This topic affects directly the CentOS Project visual identity, so it
is a delicate one.

Best regards,
--
Alain Reguera Delgado <alain.reguera at gmail.com>