[CentOS-devel] centos 7.5 src.rpm missing

Thu May 10 11:41:05 UTC 2018
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 10/05/18 12:30, Farkas Levente wrote:
> hi,
> it seems the src.rpms are missing from:
> http://vault.centos.org/7.5.1804/os/Source/SPackages/
> on the other hand 7.5 missing from the centos git too. eg. tha last
> commit to the centos-release rpm is from 2017 januar:
> https://git.centos.org/summary/rpms!centos-release.git
> is there any place where we can found the source of centos?
> regards.

As for each release, we give priority to binary content, to let people
update.
It usually takes ~2 to 3 days for the mirror network to stabilize and so
then be able to feed the vault and debuginfo nodes.

Don't forget that all this happens on community donated machines to the
CentOS Project, so I'd like to thank again all those sponsors for the
node[s]/bandwidth they give to host our content infra.

 For the record, during this release we had some network peaks up to
8.4Gbit/s (aggregated  bandwidth usage between all those donated nodes)
so that external mirrors could get content. That's also why we have to
wait for the release itself and announce.

Now that 7.5.1804 is "live", Johnny will push the src.rpm soon to
vault.centos.org and debuginfo pkgs to debuginfo.centos.org

We'll have soon to find some new spots to host those nodes btw (lack of
HDD space and bandwidth)

Now back to the centos-release src.rpm question , our builders are
pushing raw builds (so untested/unsigned) to public location(including
build logs, mock config used, etc), so you can find centos-release here
: https://buildlogs.centos.org/c7.1804.00.x86_64/centos-release/ )

Hope that this answers your question
--
Fabian Arrotin