[CentOS-devel] [CentOS PaaS SIG] How to install origin 3.10?

Daniel Comnea comnea.dani at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 19:18:55 UTC 2018

Rich,

back in 3.10 cycle we had few issues around python-docker-py & python-docker
rpms which was causing incompatibility with atomic-1.22 which in turn
caused big problems with CI Origin pipeline.

As such Brian was able to fix up the [2] dependency and so we sorted it out
atomic-1.22 however we have not rollback on -testing or -candidate as it
too much effort to fix it hence the differences you saw.

Now w.r.t centos-release-ansible26-1-3.el7.centos.noarch.rpm
<http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/extras/x86_64/Packages/centos-release-ansible26-1-3.el7.centos.noarch.rpm>
we worked on the assumption that it will be used as a baseline on v3.11 as
mentioned in the email i sent out [3]
We didn't tackle the v3.10 release since it was already out there in the
field.

Saying that i don't have an alternative for you right now, will need to
think a bit about it. The risk is that we might break again the CI Origin
dependency chain and i'd like to avoid that

will need to think about it.

[1] https://github.com/openshift/origin/issues/20653#issuecomment-413322137
[2] http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/paas/x86_64/openshift-origin310
[3] http://lists.openshift.redhat.com/openshift-archives/users/2018-November/msg00007.html