[CentOS-devel] [CentOS-docs] Authorization to use CentOS logo in GNOME Boxes

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Nov 27 20:42:19 UTC 2018

Adding Tuomas (tigert) to help confirm the SVG is good for submission.

On 11/27/2018 11:16 AM, Fabiano Fidêncio wrote:
> I'll wait till we have the authorization to use
> https://roboxes.org/res/centos.svg and then merge it in Boxes

What we need is the logo that is missing from the ArtWork page to be
contributed to the project so we can host it natively on the wiki.

Would the person who made this SVG file (copyright holder) wish to
contribute it to the project under the CC BY SA 3.0?

I'd intended to ask a designer to make the logo without wordmark file,
but if you've got a submission that is accurate -- and especially is
derived from the existing logo files so that the colors are 100%
accurate -- then whoever made that derivative can submit to the CentOS
Project under the same license as the parent file.

Does that make sense?

It helps by moving us forward on one of the missing bits -- a logo
without a wordmark on the Logos page that can be used under the existing
trademark guidelines.

@tigert -- can you look at the logo file & confirm that it is good?  I
don't know or really care if it's derived from a particular source SVG
as much as I want to be sure that the uncompressed details (colors,
shapes, etc.) are 100% matching to the SVG with logo + wordmark.

Best,

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade | Community Architect | @quaid