[CentOS-devel] RSB filling is enabled for CentOS 7 Kernel?

Veetil, Vyshnav

Vyshnav.Veetil at harman.com
Tue Oct 30 12:06:16 UTC 2018

Hi All,

We ran the spectre meltdown checker tool provided by: https://github.com/speed47/spectre-meltdown-checker.

And it says that we are still vulnerable to variant #2 since RSB filling is not enabled in our kernel

When we googled, the following bugzilla from RH suggests that it is enabled by default:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cg ... 2018-15572

When I was checking the  source code of the latest CentOS kernel ,i don't see this feature flag set anywhere - X86_FEATURE_RSB_CTXSW.

Could you please tell us ,If the Latest CentOS kernel supports RSB filling or not ?!

Regards,
Vyshnav