[CentOS-devel] [CentOS PaaS SIG]: Origin v3.11 rpms available for testing

Brian Stinson

brian at bstinson.com
Tue Oct 23 01:41:50 UTC 2018

On Oct 17 12:02, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:
> Il giorno mer 17 ott 2018 alle ore 11:39 Daniel Comnea <
> comnea.dani at gmail.com> ha scritto:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > We would like to announce that OKD v3.11 rpms are available for testing
> > at [1].
> >
> > As such we are calling for help from community to start testing and let us
> > know if there are issues with the rpms and its dependencies.
> >
> > And in the spirit of transparency see below the plan to promote the rpms
> > to mirror.centos.org repo:
> >

> >    1. in the next few days the packages should be promoted to the test
> >    repo [2] (currently it does not exist, we are waiting to be sync'ed in
> >    the background)
> >    2. in one/two weeks time if we haven't heard any issues/ blockers we
> >    are going to promote to [3] repo (currently it doesn't exist, it will
> >    once the rpm will be promoted and signed)
> >

> > Please note the ansbile version use (and supported) *must be* 2.6.x and
> > not 2.7, if you opt to ignore the warning you will run into issues.
> >
> > On a different note the CentOS Infra team are working hard (thanks !) to
> > package and release a centos-ansible rpm which we'll promote in our PaaS
> > repos.
> >

> Hi,
> has the design for this centos-ansible package been discussed somewhere?
> Can we review its spec file before it lands on mirrors?
> Just willing to ensure it's not going to interfere with other sigs ansible
> builds and to check if this new package can be reused in Virt SIG or not.
>

> > The rational is to bring more control around the ansible version used/
> > required by OpenShift-ansible installer and not rely on the latest ansbile
> > version pushed to epel repo we caused friction recently (reflected on our
> > CI as well as users reporting issues)
> >

> > Thank you,
> > PaaS SiG team
> >
> > [1] https://cbs.centos.org/repos/paas7-openshift-origin311-testing/
> > [2] https://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/paas/x86_64/openshift-origin311/
> > [3] http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/paas/x86_64/openshift-origin311/
> >

> --
>
> SANDRO BONAZZOLA
>
> MANAGER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, EMEA R&D RHV
>
> Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com/>
>
> sbonazzo at redhat.com
> <https://red.ht/sig>
> <https://www.redhat.com/en/events/red-hat-open-source-day-italia?sc_cid=701f2000000RgRyAAK>

Yes!

So far, since all the proper NVRs have been built in CBS we just
cross-tagged those into the tags for shipping to the mirrors. We'll
watch ansible upstream (https://releases.ansible.com/ansible/rpm/release/)
and do a versioned centos-release-ansible package for each X.Y release.
We'll also wrangle up the deps using a common directory

Example: Ansible 2.6

Buildlogs location:
https://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/configmanagement/x86_64/ansible26/

Mirror location:
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/configmanagement/x86_64/ansible26/

centos-release Test build:
http://cbs.centos.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=588210

Altarch pushes are coming as soon as we validate x86_64.

--Brian