[CentOS-devel] Upcoming changes to git.centos.org are now in staging

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Thu Oct 25 20:20:45 UTC 2018

On 25/10/18 19:08, Pat Riehecky wrote:
> Looking at that API, I've got a few questions:
>
> Under "List projects", is there a way to search for projects with a
> specific branch (ie, find projects with c7 branch)?
> Under "List projects", is there a way to search for projects with any
> commits/activity after a certain date range (so I can only check for
> updates within the last few days)?
>
> Generically, will the scripts in
> https://git.centos.org/summary/centos-git-common.git be ported over?
> Our work flow is entirely dependent on : centos.git.repolist.py
> into_srpm.sh  show_possible_srpms.sh
>
> Pat

So, myself I just got a quick look at the self-documented api
(https://git.stg.centos.org/api/0/) but that doesn't seem possible, at
least not through simple query

You can still query for all the projects (/api/0/projects) and then
parse json output for each project including date_created and
date_modified (epoch time).

Same for each project : /api/0/<namespace>/<repo>/git/branches

But as pagure is also open , pretty sure that if you come with a PR
against it to implement "missing" api features, they'll consider those ;-)

https://pagure.io/pagure

WRT to centos-git-common, it will be migrated, probably on a new
namespace, but still there. But , as Jim said, the goal is to have all
the logic (for git *and* lookaside push) in a new centpkg/fedpkg tool.

The previous get_sources.sh tool continues also to work, but for the
.stg. Instance, you need to specify the url to use to pull the sources
from. Example with the zsh rpm :

<example>
pushd $(mktemp -d)
 git clone https://git.stg.centos.org/rpms/zsh.git
 cd zsh/
 git checkout c7
 ~/bin/get_sources.sh --surl https://git.stg.centos.org/sources
 rpmbuild --define "%_topdir `pwd`" -bs --nodeps SPECS/zsh.spec
Wrote: /tmp/tmp.1B78dTLtkx/zsh/SRPMS/zsh-5.0.2-28.el7.src.rpm
popd
</example>

And we already have in place some RewriteRules so that people would had
local git cloned repositories from the /rpms/ namespaces on current
gitblit/git.centos.org will be able to continue to "git pull" when the A
record will have been switched and so migration done (no date yet, as
we're now in staging mode, also reason why community can now start
investigating what they need in their workflow)

So if you see some things that you'd like to change in the current
centos-git-common repo, patches are welcome, and that will even be
easier on the new system, through PR :-)

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab