[CentOS-devel] Upcoming changes to git.centos.org are now in staging

Neal Gompa

ngompa13 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 16:50:14 UTC 2018

On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 9:53 AM Jim Perrin <jperrin at centos.org> wrote:

> For right now, I prefer not to. One of the goals for SIGs (that we
> admittedly haven't done a good in achieving) was to promote the
> collaboration between SIGs and the sharing of packages. While copr can
> handle repo dependencies as you point out, it also tends to promote
> repository isolation. You can see this in the fact that there are a
> number of the same package repos built by different people in the Fedora
> copr setup.
>
> I'd prefer putting a bit more time (and guidance from Rich) into better
> leadership and SIG work, before trying to achieve the same goal via a
> different tool. I'd like to give time for pull requests and automatic
> builds from pagure->cbs to get into SIG workflows and see what impact
> that has first.

Note that the main missing functionality is a mechanism for binding
submissions and reviews with its dist-git backend and the build
system. If that was supported, then the possibility of short-lived
forks that would then merge back into upstream projects in COPR would
make it a natural fit to work with Pagure.