[CentOS-devel] [CentOS PaaS SIG]: Origin v3.11 rpms available for testing

Fri Oct 19 14:26:35 UTC 2018
Daniel Comnea <comnea.dani at gmail.com>

Hi all,

First of all sorry for the late reply as well as for any confusion i may
have caused with my previous email.
I was very pleased to see the vibe and excitement around testing OKD v3.11,
very much appreciated.

Here are the latest info:

   - everyone who wants to help us with testing should use [1] repo which
   can be consumed:
      -  in the inventory as [2] or
      - by deploying your own repo file [3]
   - nobody should use the repo i've mentioned in my previous email [4]
   (CentOS Infra team corrected me on the confusion i made, once again
   apologies for that)

Regarding the ansible version here are the info following my sync up with
CentOS Infra team:

   - very likely on Monday/ latest Tuesday a new rpm called
   centos-release-ansible26 will appear in CentOs Extras
   - the above rpm will become a dependency for the
   *centos-release-openshift-origin311* rpm which will be created and land
   in CentOS Extras repo at the same time OKD v3.11 will be promoted to
   mirror.centos.org
      - note this is the same flow as it was for all versions prior to
      v3.11 ( the rpm provides the CentOS repo location for OKD rpms).

*Note*:

   1. if your flow up until now was to never use
   *centos-release-openshift-originXXX* rpm and you were creating your own
   repo files then you will need to make sure you pull as dependency the
   ansible 2.6.x (together with its own dependencies) rpm. It is up to you
   from where you are going to pull the ansible rpm: from Epel, from CentOS
   Extras etc.
   2. with the above we are trying to have a single way of solving the
   ansible dependency problem

Hopefully this brings more clarity around this topic.

Thank you,
PaaS SiG team

[1] https://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/paas/x86_64/openshift-origin311/
[2]

[OSEv3:vars]
(...)
openshift_additional_repos=[{'id': 'centos-okd-ci', 'name':
'centos-okd-ci', 'baseurl'
:'http://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/paas/x86_64/openshift-origin311/
<http://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/paas/x86_64/openshift-origin311%7D/>',
'gpgcheck' :'0', 'enabled' :'1'}]

[3]
[centos-openshift-origin311-testing]
name=CentOS OpenShift Origin Testing
baseurl=
http://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/paas/x86_64/openshift-origin311/
<http://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/paas/x86_64/openshift-origin311%7D/>
enabled=0
gpgcheck=0
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-SIG-PaaS

[4] https://cbs.centos.org/repos/paas7-openshift-origin311-testing/