[CentOS-devel] Upcoming changes to git.centos.org are now in staging

Fri Oct 26 13:53:05 UTC 2018
Jim Perrin <jperrin at centos.org>

For right now, I prefer not to. One of the goals for SIGs (that we
admittedly haven't done a good in achieving) was to promote the
collaboration between SIGs and the sharing of packages. While copr can
handle repo dependencies as you point out, it also tends to promote
repository isolation. You can see this in the fact that there are a
number of the same package repos built by different people in the Fedora
copr setup.

I'd prefer putting a bit more time (and guidance from Rich) into better
leadership and SIG work, before trying to achieve the same goal via a
different tool. I'd like to give time for pull requests and automatic
builds from pagure->cbs to get into SIG workflows and see what impact
that has first.

--
Jim Perrin