[CentOS-devel] [CentOS-docs] Authorization to use CentOS logo in GNOME Boxes

Fabiano Fidêncio

fabiano at fidencio.org
Tue Sep 18 18:03:45 UTC 2018

Karsten,

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 7:45 PM, Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com> wrote:
> Thanks Rich for drawing this forward, I had missed it.  (I generally
> handle all the trademark usage queries.)
>
> The key reference is this one, the trademark guidelines:
>
> https://www.centos.org/legal/trademarks/
>
> That document should give the GNOME project all of the authorization and
> guidelines on how to use and not use the CentOS marks.
>
> Fabiano -- if you have any further questions, you may also direct them
> to centos-tm at centos.org .
>
> Rich -- it looks as if we need to update or clarify on the wiki around
> the appearance of the (R) in the marks.  There is a link in a section
> there called "Usage Restrictions"[1] but it isn't terribly visible.  I
> just added a new short paragraph at the top of the page referring to the
> guidelines.

My understanding is that we can use all the CentOS marks provided here[0].
However, those unfortunately are not looking good enough on Boxes and
we'd like to use, if possible, just the logo as in here[1]

Would that be possible? As far as I could understand that would be a
violation of the trademark.

[0]: https://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Brand/Logo#head-bf605cecf99c819d5a39e726ffb928999e1a13e6
[1]: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:CentOS#/media/File:CentOS_color_logo.svg

--