[CentOS-devel] [OpsTools] Introduction & Joining Request

Matthias Runge

mrunge at matthias-runge.de
Thu Sep 20 09:14:13 UTC 2018

On 16/09/2018 20:17, Christian Gebler wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> my name is Christian and I would like to be part of CentOS OpsTools SIG.
>
> I'm a sysadmin for about 15 years now with a main focus on web
> application hosting. Most of the time in a global IT environment and
> with the goal to keep the systems secure, highly available and on a good
> performance. I often had to use a linux distributions that the customer
> wanted to use, but in the last 5 years I am in the lucky position to
> mainly use CentOS. (-:
>
> I have read the SIG wiki page with great enthusiasm and want to
> contribute something useful to the group.
>
> So my questions are...how can I join the OpsTools SIG and how can I
> easily start to contribute something useful to the group?
>
> Thanks a lot! (-:

Hello Christian,

sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

thank you for your interest! It is really great to see.

So, depending on your typ of contribution, the ways of doing so are a
bit different.

For small things, like docs changes or changes to specs: check the repo
out of https://github.com/centos-opstools/ , change the things you want
to change and then do a git commit and git review.

Contributing packages, or else would require a somewhat different
approach, and we would need to review the package first.

Testing and giving feedback would be valuable as well, that can happen
via email, or irc, ...

Does that answer your question somewhat? If you could provide more info,
I'm happy to answer your question in more detail and give you other
guidance.

Best,
Matthias