[CentOS-devel] Help needed to Install CentOS on Zynq ZC706 ARM cortex A9

Pablo Sebastián Greco pgreco at centosproject.org
Tue Apr 9 00:58:39 UTC 2019

El 8/4/19 a las 12:28, Piyush Jadhav escribió:
> I am a begineer in using the Zynq 7000 ZC706 SoC. I have already
> booted linux made with Yocto project with meta-xilinx and PREEMPT-RT
> layers. Everything is working as expected. Though we are not satisfied
> with the real time performance on Scheduler and Latency tests, however
> alternatively it could be interesting to compare with another OS like
> CentOS.
>
> I have followed the procedure on described here to install CentOS
> using the rootfs files made with yocto and the files in /boot
> (boot.bin + UImage + dtb).https://github.com/umiddelb/aarch64/wik ...
> ch64-board
> <https://github.com/umiddelb/aarch64/wiki/Install-CentOS-7-on-your-favourite-ARMv8-ARM64-AArch64-board>
>
> But I am not able to successfully create the OS. I am not having a
> serial communication with the board, so I cant debug further. I
> will/can only have a SSH communication once the OS boots up.
>
> Does anyone guide me how can I take this ahead?

I could not find anything aarch64 for that device, all I found was 32 bits.
That said, it seems to have mainline uboot and kernel support
(zynq-zc706.dts), so it could be installed using the steps here
https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/AltArch/armhfp
Since we usually don't build uboot for that device, I made a version for
you to test, and left it here https://people.centos.org/pgreco/zynq-zc706/
The normal images provided by CentOS use kernel 4.14, but if you need an
image with a newer version, we have this test image here
https://armv7.dev.centos.org/repos/images/CentOS-Userland-7-armv7hl-generic-Minimal-419-v26-1810-sda.raw.xz
which uses 4.19

Please let us know how it went.

Thanks.