[CentOS-devel] CentOS 8 Artwork needed

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Sat Apr 13 20:31:22 UTC 2019

On 3/12/19 10:30 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 12/03/2019 15:19, Julien Pivotto wrote:
>> On 12 Mar 15:10, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>>> Appreciate the feedback here guys - but note that Logo's are TM content,
>>> changing them, at this point, isnt an easy process to go through. If
>>> there is widespread ask around adapting the existing logo's - I am happy
>>> to go work the msg with legal and all those things, but its a long
>>> enough process that we will likely miss the CentOS 8 timeline ( assuming
>>> 8 drops this calendar year ).
>>
>> I would think that we can use a new one and only then TM it.
>>

> would prefer to have lawyers make that call,

Well, so long as we are not messing with the actual CentOS Logo we
should be able to do other things.

So, adding an 8 to the plymouth boot screen , or doing other things
should be OK .. just if we actually put the CentOS Logo on something ..
it needs to be the real logo.

Backgrounds the same .. additive content is fine, all logos need to he
the real logo.

(I would think)

But if we are trying to mod a logo, that would need to be approved.