[CentOS-devel] Help needed to Install CentOS on Zynq ZC706 ARM cortex A9

Piyush Jadhav

piyushjadhav13 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 15:28:02 UTC 2019

I am a begineer in using the Zynq 7000 ZC706 SoC. I have already booted
linux made with Yocto project with meta-xilinx and PREEMPT-RT layers.
Everything is working as expected. Though we are not satisfied with the
real time performance on Scheduler and Latency tests, however alternatively
it could be interesting to compare with another OS like CentOS.

I have followed the procedure on described here to install CentOS using the
rootfs files made with yocto and the files in /boot (boot.bin + UImage +
dtb).https://github.com/umiddelb/aarch64/wik ... ch64-board
<https://github.com/umiddelb/aarch64/wiki/Install-CentOS-7-on-your-favourite-ARMv8-ARM64-AArch64-board>

But I am not able to successfully create the OS. I am not having a serial
communication with the board, so I cant debug further. I will/can only have
a SSH communication once the OS boots up.

Does anyone guide me how can I take this ahead?

Regards,
Piyush