[CentOS-devel] Reasoning behind RHEL8 packages without corresponding -devel?

Anthony Alba

ascanio.alba7 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 04:04:59 UTC 2019

(Of course, we should be asking RH... but nevertheless)

EPEL 8 has several issues regarding packages without corresponding
-devel. E.g., libXvMC, libbluray. I see that this causes grief for
EPEL 8 and collateral damage to RPMFusion.

Did RH disclose the reason for this? Was there any discussion on where
CentOS will put them, like in Extras perhaps?

(I was rolling out some testing VMs in RHEL8 and OL8, and noticed the
new but "unsupported" CodeReady repos with -devel packages; yet not
all -devels are them.)

Cheers
Anthony