[CentOS-devel] Minutes for CentOS Board of Directors 2019-11-13 Meeting

Jim Perrin

jperrin at centos.org
Tue Dec 3 16:46:06 UTC 2019

On 11/27/19 6:34 AM, Patrick Laimbock wrote:
> Hi Karsten,
>
> Thank you for the update.
>
>> Topics covered in the meeting and via email are discussed below, and
>> remain open on the Board’s rolling agenda for future conversation and
>> actions:
>>
>>   1. Board membership:
>>       1. The Board has been considering for some time adjusting the
>>          membership of the Board, in particular by adding new Directors.
>>          Discussions with potential new Directors will begin.
>
> That's great news. Will the process be similar to how it's done in the Fedora Project [1]? So with a public list of nominees, published interview with each nominee and public voting results? Is there a way for the Community to (self-)nominate?

It's something we could consider, but this isn't how it's been discussed
so far.

> For better Community coverage perhaps CentOS Board related postings could also be sent to the centos-announce and centos mailinglists?

I'm sort of against sending these to -announce, but only because we have
a number of people who parse that list with automated tooling, not
because folks actually read it. I don't want to change expectations and
tooling without a good reason. I could see sending to the centos main
list though.

> Thanks,
> Patrick
>
> [1] https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/program_management/elections/