[CentOS-devel] CPE Weekly: 2019-12-20

Fri Dec 20 23:34:31 UTC 2019
Aoife Moloney <amoloney at redhat.com>

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the CPE team weekly project update mail!

Important Note:

Please note there will be no weekly emails over the holiday period of
23rd December 2019 - 2nd January 2020*.

The next CPE weekly email will be sent on Friday 10th January 2020.

As you may be aware, either from the CPE weekly emails or from
previous years, Red Hat has a mandatory shutdown period between
Christmas and New Year in many countries. This allows most associates
to celebrate the holiday season with friends and family and recharge
their batteries after a busy year. Multiple Red Hat teams will be
observing this period, including Fedora & CentOS infrastructure teams,
and we want to raise awareness that availability will be minimal
during this time.

*While the formal shutdown period ends on the 2nd of January 2020,
many people will not be back until Monday the 6th of January 2020. As
all of our team members are also passionate Community members, there
may be some coverage, but this is not guaranteed and will be on a best
effort basis. Any coverage offered will ultimately be at the personal
choice of the individual during their time off.

We want to take this time to wish you and yours a healthy and happy
Christmas period and a most prosperous New Year. We look forward to
working closely with you over the coming year!

Background:

The Community Platform Engineering group is the Red Hat team combining
IT and release engineering from Fedora and CentOS. Our goal is to keep
core servers and services running and maintained, build releases, and
other strategic tasks that need more dedicated time than volunteers
can give.

For better communication, we will be giving weekly reports to the
CentOS and Fedora communities about the general tasks and work being
done.  Also for better communication between our groups we have
created #redhat-cpe on Freenode IRC! Please feel free to catch us
there, a mail has landed on both the CentOS and Fedora devel lists
with context here.

High Level Project Updates:

CentOS

The CR variant from the Stream composes, seems to work, 8.1.1911 will
use a similar variant to populate the CR repo on the mirrors

The team are also still working on preparing the next migration to
wiki.centos.org

www.centos.org

Forums

The team have started new ansible roles to automate deploy + upgrade
of those migrated services

We are still finishing templates for mailman ansible role (new look
with community members)

Working on koji (cbs.dev) to see when we can import 8.1 content to let
SIGs build against/for .el8 and .el8s (Stream)

The team are still investigating an Ansible upgrade for centos
(currently on 2.6.20 and needs testing with 2.9) and then also with
.el8 roles compatibility

Fedora:

General Updates

Nagios plugins were fixed to work on EL8/F31

Support was added for fedora messaging wire format to jms-messaging plugin

There is one prerequisite:RabbitMQ PR needs to be merged first

Other work this week with RabbitMQ includes:

An issue in RabbitMQ jms-messaging plugin PR was fixed

Two new PR’s in Anitya

The issue in the-new-hotness was also fixed when it stopped consuming
messages - it was caused by empty version and the fix for this already
in Anitya master

The team deployed distgit-bugzilla-sync script in openshift

Pagure Updates

We also worked on pagure-dist-git PR review/merges this week

The team cleaned up the bugzilla override patches for pagure-dist-git

https://pagure.io/pagure-dist-git/pull-request/82

We modified output of pagure-dist-git/scripts/pagure_poc.py to include
assignee information

https://pagure.io/pagure-dist-git/pull-request/90

We updated distgit_bugzilla_sync/script.py to read the assignee
information from above instead of fedora-scm-requests
https://pagure.io/Fedora-Infra/distgit-bugzilla-sync/pull-request/40

We fixed mdapi headers for CORS: https://pagure.io/mdapi/pull-request/93

And they are already reviewed and merged :)

We also wrote script to read assignee information from
fedora-scm-requests and added it to dist-git

Tiger Team Updates:

OSBS

Issue deploying the aarch64 cluster. There is a problem while using
openshift-ansible to authenticate with quay.io

Bodhi CD Tiger Team

Working on dockerizing the celery worker on the vm

Community Fire Fighting Team

Merged the PR adding a new API endpoint to pagure allowing to
enable/disable git hooks

Decommissioned ci-cc-rdu01

Good progress on anitya 0.18.0 (see below)

Added CORS headers to mdapi making it easier to do cross-domain
JSON/ajax requests to it

Application Retirements

Elections

Everything should be ready now to move Elections to Communishift so
stay tuned for a move date in the new year!

Fedocal

No progress on kanban board last eight weeks - looks abandoned
https://teams.fedoraproject.org/project/fedora-calendar/kanban

Jlanda’s permission error https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/8274

Nuancier

Benson Muite is now working on OIDC authentication

PR from sebwoj - Porting to Fedora messaging

EPEL 8 Modularity

This currently needs a rebuild to epel-release with new mirrorlist
links https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/epel-release/pull-request/4)

The team are currently facing this EPEL 8 Playground Modularity
Blocker: https://pagure.io/fm-orchestrator/issue/1541

Misc Updates

Reviews, Updates & Fixes:

Anitya

Investigating & testing done with GNOME’s Gitlab instance forURL
https://github.com/release-monitoring/anitya/issues/763

Vagrant box is now bumped to Fedora 31 & test
https://github.com/release-monitoring/anitya/pull/858

Fetch only newer version from GitHub using cursor
https://github.com/release-monitoring/anitya/issues/589
https://github.com/release-monitoring/anitya/pull/863

Releases_only changed on edit
https://github.com/release-monitoring/anitya/pull/857

Ecosystem when homepage or backend is changed is fixed
https://github.com/release-monitoring/anitya/pull/859

API filtering is now case insensitive
https://github.com/release-monitoring/anitya/pull/862

Fedora-active-user Fixes

Moved searching mailing lists away from gmane and to hyperkitty
https://github.com/pypingou/fedora-active-user/pull/15

Duffy

Duffy progressGCI is going great & in just 2 weeks 1000 tasks have
been done which is more than 3 times of total tasks done last year
(yes, in total!)

Miscellaneous fix

https://github.com/pypingou/fedora-active-user/pull/16

Note:

This document is currently built from individual reports rolled into a
document which we edit and copy into a final document. We are aware
that this causes problems with some email readers, and are working on
a method to make this less problematic.

Comments? Suggestions? Feedback? Let Us Know!

Have a wonderful holiday season!

Kindest regards,
Aoife

--